United States (ECWd) –
For those who are prepared to be intellectually honest with themselves, and put down the political finger-pointing, I urge you to read an article published yesterday, by , but more importantly, read ALL the links in the “DIG IN” tab found in the article. For those who don’t see that tab, below is the evidence provided by the author to support the information in the article.
The information quite frankly should disturb every taxpayer in this country, as it is clear people have not been doing their job, and that fact is a direct contributor to the situation we are dealing with right now with the Chinese Virus COVID-19.
Pandemic of Neglect: How U.S. health care failed to heed repeated warnings of supply shortages
- October 2000 GAO report https://www.gao.gov/assets/240/230940.pdf
- (May 2003) GAO report warning hospitals woefully unprepared, Testimony by Janet Heinreich before Subcommittee before Oversight and Investigations, Committee on Energy & Commerce, U.S. House of Representatives, https://www.gao.gov/mobile/products/GAO-03-769T
- A 2007 U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Pandemic Influenza Preparedness and Response Guidance for Healthcare Workers and Healthcare Employers – OSHA telling hospitals to stockpile respirators and other pandemic supplies .https://www.osha.gov/Publications/3328-05-2007-English.html#StockpilesofEssentialResources
- A September 2009 Department of Health & Human Service, Office of Inspector General, State and Local Pandemic Influenza Preparedness: Medical Surge: flagged supply shortages https://oig.hhs.gov/oei/reports/oei-02-08-00210.pdf
- An HHS Retrospective on the 2009 H1N1 Influenza Pandemic to Advance All Hazards Preparedness (Revised June 15, 2012); report flagging surge weakness https://www.phe.gov/PrepaAn HHS Retrospective on the 2009 H1N1 Influenza Pandemicredness/mcm/h1n1-retrospective/Documents/h1n1-retrospective.pdf
- June 2017 Center for Disease & Prevention report warning of respirator shortages. https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/23/6/16-1417_article
- Column by New York Times writer Farhad Manjoo, March 25, 2020 https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/25/opinion/coronavirus-face-mask.html
Based on the published data linked in the article it appears President Trump’s comment about past administration failures as it relates to the current crisis was spot on.
Our work is funded entirely thru donations and we
ask that you consider donating at the below link.
Keyser SozePosted at 13:20h, 30 March
This comment is unlikely to be posted since Edgar County Watchdogs is the most censored Propaganda Blog alongside their buddy Diane Benjamin’s blog. The Pravda on the Prarie as I call it.
For weeks, you cretins were calling Covid-19 a hoax (call it Chinese Virus, we don’t care). Now that the federal government has failed miserably in stopping the outbreak and the economy is in ruins, you resort to blaming Democratic Governors and past presidential administrations because you lack critical thinking skills and your dear leader can’t be at fault. You can’t comprehend that vast central mobilization of the federal government is needed because you watch Fox News all day and parrot the latest GOP talking points. When large states like Michigan and Illinois are competing for valuable resources like ventilators and PPE which therefore drives up the prices, people unnecessarily die and our Healthcare system collapses. That’s why the federal government needs to step in and allocate resources to each state.
Please read this comment closely. And re-read it again. It may be the only truth you come across all day.
jmkraftPosted at 13:40h, 30 March
Since we never censor unless there is foul language or a personal attack on another commenter, you very first sentence is a lie. Not much different than the rest of it.
Kirk AllenPosted at 18:09h, 30 March
Why do you claim we censor? What evidence do you have of that? What evidence do you have that we ever said the virus was a hoax? Why lie about that ? How is publishing another investigative journalists article FILLED with facts is us attacking Democrat Governors? The article spells out the failures at the Federal level.
Critical thinking skills? Go research NIMS and read the articles we published on it. Being in the Emergency Services business and a Vet, I fully understand the emergency mobilization process and we have already proven two Governors failed miserably and need to stop finger pointing and fix the problem.
Paul K.Posted at 23:12h, 30 March
After re-reading comment from Keyser Soze, I’ll offer my lack of critical thinking skills with the tell tale veracity of a bat. Echo location is done by other mammals too. I have the ECWd bravado on the prarie dog!
Cody HeerPosted at 14:00h, 30 March
The system isn’t working and it’s time to “break” it!
homerPosted at 15:54h, 30 March
well said keyser they made there bed and now they dont know how to sleep in it . libertarians have a problem with truth thats why they have to blame everybody . oh not many of them ever get elected I wonder why
NMWTLSPosted at 18:03h, 30 March
The reason not many libertarians every get elected is that freedom is hard, living free is hard, very hard. Being free doesn’t mean life will be easy. Not many Americans are prepared to take responsibility for themselves and to live free. So, keep choosing between Democrat and Republican…..
Kirk AllenPosted at 18:11h, 30 March
What libertarians are you talking about? As far as blaming everybody, it appears the Democrat Governors are the ONLY ones having a daily press briefing to get in their daily shot at the Federal Government.