Mahomet, Ill. (ECWd) –
Copies of the verified petitions for Orders or Protection / No Stalking Orders indicate allegations of threats of shooting all of the newly elected water district trustees and further instances of stalking new and former trustee(s).
According to the court filings in the first Verified Petition For Stalking / No Contact Order:
- Kerry Gifford turned in his keys and resignation on April 5, 2023, at the Sangamon Valley Public Water District
- Gifford then went to the chairman of the board and told her that he was going to shoot the newly elected board members
- Gifford then started taking documents out of the office
- He left the office and started tracking down old and new board members
- The then-chairman called the police about Giffords’s threats and informed the incoming board members of the same
- He drove past a new board members home, tried to get in the gate of the water district, and used hand gestures like a gun
- He drove to the back of the district property and sat and observed board members who went inside
- He then took to Facebook to torment both old and new board members and again drove around her house
According to the court filings in the second Verified Petition For Stalking / No Contact Order:
- Gifford drove past the plaintiff’s office real slow, and a call was made to the police after the threats were made
- He parked in a parking lot facing the plaintiff’s office “casing” them
- He drove past his private residence
- He drove past another address acting like he was going to shoot a person
- He sent out threatening messages on April 5, 6, and 7
As stated in our previous article, Gifford indicated “I will be moving on with my life. I deny all accusations made against me. OPs require minimum proof this allows for a subjective at best filing but in this case flat out lies without consequences.”
An Emergency Order was signed by the Judge (according to the court docket) and a Plenary Hearing is scheduled for June 9, 2023, at 1:30 p.m. in Courtroom G, in the Champaign County Courthouse.OP Complaint-SVPWD-attachment 1_Redacted2
Sgt. Joe Friday (LAPD Ret.)Posted at 09:49h, 02 May
I sincerely hope that these members are carrying. If the allegations are true and accurate – a man like that is not to be taken lightly – and any potential victim of his must be ready to put him down if he is in proximity to them and his actions justify a reasonable belief that he poses an immediate/imminent threat to life. Hopefully, he will come to his senses, abandon his ideation of murder, and violence to all can be avoided.
EPPosted at 13:41h, 03 May
People do end up dead, and by dead I mean killed. This guy’s behavior needs to be taken absolutely seriously.
Kerry GiffordPosted at 13:32h, 06 May
Your the reason people want to defund the cops! Suggesting violence against me without knowing the truth is pretty stupid on your part.
Hey,but what can you expect from an L A Cop remember Rodney King. The truth is 90% of these allegations are not true and the other %10 are easily explained.