Mahomet, IL. (ECWd) –
In a lawsuit we believe is destined to fail, and one we believe was for the sole purpose of intimidating the public for asking for public records, and speaking at public meetings, has been filed by the Mahomet Township Supervisor and Mohomet Township Clerk against seven people who have been submitting FOIA requests to the township and other townships, and speaking at public meetings of the township.
Aaron Wheeler and David Parsons, Mahomet Township elected Supervisor and Clerk, respectively, made the following claims which were filed in their individual capacity as residents – not as township officials:
- that defendants desire to have Plaintiffs removed from their elected positions or to resign from office
- that defendants have engaged in a concerted effort to defame, harass and humiliate plaintiffs
- defendant has personally attacked both plaintiffs at township meetings and online (we presume this to mean by using words)
- complained about a Facebook Group entitled Mahomet Township Citizens with posts about untrue statements and accusations against plaintiffs
- FOIA requests that are calculated to harass, annoy, and burden plaintiffs and other township officials
- many requests are improper requests to harass and attempt to intimidate plaintiffs and other township officials (OK. Simply deny them if they are improper)
- defendants complain to the AG PAC if their FOIA requests are not granted in their entirety or with redactions
- complained of public comments and accusations of fraud
- complained that defendant stated during a meeting that plaintiffs should resign
- other complaints…
There are V Counts in the Complaint, consisting of Harassment, Abuse of Process, Defamation, False Light, and Civil Conspiracy.
Both Plaintiffs resigned from office on April 24, 2022, and then “un-resigned” and continue holding (we believe the proper phrase is usurping the offices) the offices they resigned from. See Adamowski v. Kerner, IL SUP CT 1960, There are two ongoing court cases seeking to have them removed from office due to their resignations.
The plaintiffs are seeking more than $50,000 in punitive damages.attachment 1
OihatecrooksPosted at 23:31h, 28 December
Public officials like this are disgusting thugs
DavePosted at 12:53h, 29 December
The only people who don’t want to disclose the truth are people with something to hide. Let’s see, a public servant sues the public for wanting to know public information… LOL This smells of corruption
Robert BensonPosted at 15:04h, 29 December
Heard you guys on The Drill Down, very interested in the training you guys had mentioned. I live in Maryland, and often refer to it as the communist state of MD, heard you refer to Illinois that way, had to laugh. That said, where and when might you guys be doing another training?
I am a pastor, retired cop and former Infantry soldier; I’ve been looking for a way to take action and to seek out, and expose corruption in local government. I’ve come face to face with it on multiple occasions and am done with hoping and voting for change.
Anyway, you two are an inspiration and an answer to prayers.
Any help would be appreciate, as I step into this action step, how to begin.
Robert BensonPosted at 15:06h, 29 December
Messed up my email address:
Brian K AndersonPosted at 19:47h, 30 December
Who does the photo editing for Edgar County Watchdogs? The photo selected for this article is hilarious!!! It is a perfect example of the antiquated version of WINDOWS that the township utilizes to keep the public informed. Great job!!!