Shelby Co. (ECWd) –
The Shelby County Board held its regular meeting last night which can be viewed below. Notable actions or inactions include the following:
- Approved custom farming resolution for the county’s poor farm ground, which ironically was suggested as an option 2 years ago and ignored.
- Approved a $30,000 contract for window repairs with RW Keys and Sons Inc, which does not appear to be registered with the Illinois Secretary of State under the name on their letterhead.
- Approved a 2nd amendment preservation ordinance.
- Listened to input from the AFSCME union President who is seeking equal application of ARPA funds as those being received by the FOP union.
- Adopted a commuting policy for those driving county vehicles home.
- Sat silent regarding the forensic audit findings presented at the last special board meeting.
Darrel W. Bruck Jr.Posted at 16:42h, 15 April
I read the custom farming resolution. Unless I am missing something. I think it says the farmer will only be paid $1.00 to farm the land, do the work and the county will get the full crop. The county would pay the full cost of seed and farm chemicals I am guessing. Why would a farmer work for only a Dollar? I must be missing something.