Paris, IL. (ECWd) –
Former Paris City Councilman Robert “Steve” Kemper, who plead guilty on January 7, 2022, to aggravated criminal sexual abuse (Class 2 Felony) was sentenced in Edgar County Circuit Court on February 18, 2022, to 4 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections.
Kemper asked for a 24-hour furlough before reporting to prison, but it was denied, and he was immediately taken into custody.
From the docket:
- Sentencing hearing held. Sworn Testimony heard on behalf of Defense. Character letters and Evaluation filed 2/15/2022 admitted as Deft’s Exhibits.
- Victim’s Impact Statement on behalf of victim read by Sandra Kemper admitted. Deft’s statement in allocution heard.
- Arguments heard. Factors in aggravation and mitigation heard.
- Conviction on the plea is entered.
- Deft is sentenced to 4 years DOC with credit for 7 days served plus 1 years MSR (Mandatory Supervised Release).
- He is ordered to pay the following: scheduled assessments per schedule 4, $750 fine, $250 DNA, $210 credit for time served.
- Deft is ineligible for impact incarceration.
- Mittimus to issue instanter.
- Defense motion for 24-hour furlough is denied.
- Deft to be taken into custody.