Paris, IL. (ECWd) –
Last month, after submitting a public records request, we received the disciplinary records of Paris Police Sergeant Phillip Kohlenberg, who was disciplined without formal adjudication, demoted to Patrolman and given 5 days off without pay.
On October 28, 2020, Kohlenberg was placed on “paid investigatory suspension regarding a complaint of an alleged inappropriate, sexual in nature, a conversation he had with a child between the dates of April 2020 through Sep 2020, being in violation of the Paris Police Department’s ethics policy, conduct unbecoming an officer.”
On Dec 16, 2020, a report of investigation was submitted By the Chief of Police detailing parts of the investigation, which can be read in its entirety (here) or below – we redacted more than what the police department redacted in order to further protect the minor’s identification.
From the Investigative records provided:
- allegations were reported of inappropriate messaging with a minor female
- additional allegations of inappropriate conduct and comments in the presence of a dispatcher
- Illinois State Police conducted the investigation
- Appellate Prosecutor declined to bring criminal charges
- Discipline was imposed of a demotion to patrolman and 5 days off without pay
Read the report in its entirety below or by clicking this link (here).20210302103940283_Redacted
GregPosted at 19:23h, 07 April
This you know Edgar County!!
5 day suspension then back at it !