Paris, IL. (ECWd) -
Last week we reported on Stacey Adams' DUI charge from November 19th, which was while she was still on court supervision in her DUI from 2019 where she turned into the path of an Edgar County Sheriff's Deputy while he was responding to a call.
According to the police report:
- On Nov 19, 2020, at 4:41 p.m., deputies were called to a vehicle upside down in a ditch, with entrapment
- She was later removed from the vehicle and a strong odor of alcoholic beverages were present, and she was slurring her words
- She was unable to maintain her balance or a standing position
- Fire and EMS had to physically hold her upright, and while doing so Stacey tried rubbing their faces and various parts of their bodies to the point the staff felt uncomfortable
- She was placed on a cot, unable to stand, let alone walk
- Several small blue bottles of Platinum 7 Vodka were found in the vehicle
- She was taken to the hospital
- She said she had not consumed any alcohol
- She refuse any blood or urine tests to detect alcohol and refused to sign the "Warning to Motorists"
- She was arrested for DUI / aggravated DUI
- Count 1: Aggravated DUI / License Suspended or Revoked
- Count 2: Aggravated DUI / License Suspended or Revoked
- Count 3: Aggravated DUI / No Valid Drivers License
All three are Class 4 Felonies if convicted.
Adams posted Bond of $2000 on Dec 1, 2020, with a First Appearance set for Dec 7, 2020, at 1:30 p.m. in Courtroom 2.
***We would also like to note that these are merely charges, and a person is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty in a court of law.
Read the arrest reports below (or here):