DuPage Township, IL. (ECWd) -
Page 8 - the missing page showing why there was such an angry rush to judgment against the person who notified the supervisor of allegations of different treatment based on race, which lead to the originally accused filing a complaint against that trustee, resulting in a gigantic nothing-burger of a final report (except for this Page 8).
I spoke about the "missing" Page 8 during public comment at the DuPage Township Special Board Meeting - it is from the confidential report leaked to a person in Florida, who posted the reported findings - and somehow magically "forgot" to upload Page 8, or it was conveniently left out of the pages given to her by the trustee(s) who snapped the photos of the rest of the report.
"The facts presented in these matters are deeply concerning" and "employees sought out Trustee Benford to assist in their complaint about Linda not permitting them to attend training like their white counterparts were permitted to attend"
Here are some of the alleged statements and findings made on this elusive Page 8:
- Both African American women believed that they were treated differently from their white counterparts
- However, they would like for the facts to speak for themselves
- Employees approached Trustee Benford for her assistance in finding about their treatment
- The facts are deeply concerning
- Benford told the employees she would help
- Benford filed a complaint with the Township Supervisor and the Township Attorney
- While the facts are deeply concerning, the Board must determine whether the complaining employee (the white supervisor) did not allow the two African American employees [to attend training under the same conditions as their white counterparts] and to determine if the allegations are false.
- and for the Board to determine is Benford was within her duties to question the purported disparity in treatment, and if proven, whether this would be a reason for employee (the white supervisor) discipline as abusive or inconsistent treatment of others.
For this Board to not make any determinations on this allegation of racism speaks volumes against their angry special meeting trying to punish the trustee who filed the initial complaint, which then leads to another complaint filed against that trustee by the person who is alleged to have committed the acts of denying the same treatment of African American employees as were afforded their white counterparts.
The Truth is finally coming to light, and we will provide future updates as more information becomes available.