CAHOKIA, IL. (ECWd) -
Let's make schools safer by hiring a guard that is facing 34 felony charges...
Trevon Tomkin was just hired as night watchman / guard for the Cahokia School District - and the board members knew about his pending court dates and his past criminal convictions.
Tomkins had the following actions pending in St. Clair County Circuit Court when hired by the school district:
- 2 Misdemeanor Disorderly Conduct charges
- 1 Felony Official Misconduct/Obstructing Criminal Investigation charge
- 1 Felony Theft/Control/Person of less than $500 charge
- 10 Felony Perjury charges
- 22 Felony charges related to election crimes
Tomkin's disorderly conduct charge were later dismissed with leave to reinstate.
LOL - It must pay to help people get elected in the St. Clair County area...