DuPage Co. (ECWd) -
Today, DuPage County Judge Kleeman ruled on the standard 619 Motions to Dismiss the lawsuits brought by Carla Burkhart and Herricane Graphics against the Edgar County Watchdogs, Kirk Allen, Clair Ball, and Adam Andrzejewski. The initial reporting on the lawsuit can be found in this article.
The judge granted the Motions to Dismiss across the board on the standard 619 Motions to Dismiss and provided Plaintiff 35 days to file a new complaint should they choose to do so. He denied the Citizen Participation Act motions to dismiss which would have awarded us and the other Defendants our costs and attorney fees.
Overall it was a great day for justice.
Below are the various filings in the case. When we get the filings for Adam Andrzejewski we will include them below.
- Watchdogs motion to dismiss pursuant to the CPA
- Reply in support of motion to dismiss on 619 motion
- Reply in support of motion to dismiss under CPA
- Plaintiffs response to motion to dismiss ECWd & Kirk Allen under CPA
- Plaintiffs response to motion to dismiss ECWd & Kirk Allen
- Reply in support of motion to dismiss Clair Ball under CPA
- Plaintiffs response to motion to dismiss Clair Ball