Plainfield, IL. (ECWd) -
Plainfield Fire Department purchases have been the subject of previous articles for its us of the Foreign Fire Tax Fund on Christmas gifts, PFD Trustee Reynold's conflict of interest, and another Foreign Fire Tax article.
This article will look at credit card purchases between August 2014 and November 2015 - a 15-month time-frame.
- Turkey Raffle purchases of over $1,325.00
- Christmas Gifts of over $1,300.00
- Retirement Party over $1,490.00
- Edible Arrangements over $724.00
- Flowers costing over $165.00
- Hog Roast purchases over $714.00
- Food and parties costing over $6,045.00
- Corn Cob Pipes for $67.99
- Massage Envy massage(s) for $75.00
These purchases, in 15 months, total to over $11,900.00.
These included purchases at T Bird Liquor store, NHL.com, Gift Cards, and Massage Envy.
Again, we look at the purported public purpose for these purchases and fail to find any.
Additionally, the "Turkey Raffle" purchases could be in violation of the Raffles and Poker Runs Act, which clearly indicates who may operate a raffle - and a public body is not listed as an entity that may operate a raffle. Any purchases used with public credit for another entity is improper.