DuPage Co. (ECWd) -
There is nothing better than using peoples own words to expose the real truth behind an issue.
We first reported on Breuder's lawsuit against the College of DuPage and 4 of its trustees in this article. We focused on the allegations of wrongdoing made in that suit beginning at claim #32.
In addition review, we identified some very disturbing claims in the beginning of this lawsuit as part of the "Factual Background" information.
12. At various times throughout Dr. Breuder’s employment with the College of DuPage, the Board approved the extension of Dr. Breuder’s Employment Contract. On March 7, 2014, Dr. Breuder was informed by then-Chairman Erin Birt that the majority of the Board had approved the extension of his Employment Contract to June 30, 2019.
At no time did the board approve a contract extension for Breuder to 2019. Any such approval is an imagination in their mind as there are no minutes, agendas, or video where the board ever voted on this claimed extension.
Point 12 is not a factual statement!
Questions for Erin Birt:
- Is the claim that you informed Breuder of such an approval a reason you are fighting each and every move by the 'Reform Board'?
- If you did inform Breuder of the contract extension as claimed, shouldn't you be charged with Official Misconduct?
- Are your efforts of obstruction tied to self preservation of your own reputation after your own wrongdoing and failures as a trustee have been exposed?
- Is there a payday behind the scenes if you can manage to get things back to the old way and protect all the wrongs from becoming public?
- Why else would you be fighting so hard to protect the old ways at COD?
I will place my bet she refuses to answer a single question!
25. Beginning in or around late 2014, the Board and Dr. Breuder began discussions concerning Dr. Breuder’s continued service to the College of DuPage and the Board’s preference to terminate Dr. Breuder’s employment prior to June 30, 2019.
I urge people to read this article, and specifically this e-mail chain. The communications in those e-mails point to Breuder, the COD Attorney, and former Chairman Erin Birt, discussing Breuder's position with the College as early as April 9th, 2014, which is hardly late 2014. Claiming those discussions with the "Board" did not occur until late 2014, if accurate, points to confirmation that Erin Birt withheld information from the rest of the Board just as we suggested in our previous article on this matter.
Point 25 is a a wordsmith of the events at best in our opinion.
However that is not the most revealing issue with that bullet point!
Breuder's own attorney confirms the preference of the old board, the 'Breuder Board', was discussing with Breuder the issue of his continued service to the College of DuPage and the Board’s preference to terminate!
They ADMIT it was the old Board who had a preference to terminate his employment.
How on earth can they claim his termination was a personal & political agenda of former Chairman Hamilton and the Clean Slate 'Reform Board' when in their very own claims they point to the previous Board's preference to terminate him early?
Claim #24 - Dr. Breuder never received a negative evaluation from the Board relating to his performance as President of the College. Dr. Breuder received no such evaluation for fiscal year 2014 or at any time prior to the events leading up to this lawsuit.
This points to several failings of the Breuder Board if they continue to insist Breuder actually had a valid contract. If his contract was valid then the Breuder Board has failed in their obligations as that contract spells out an annual evaluation is to be performed, which according to Breuders' claim was never done. That points to a clear failure by Dave Carlin and Erin Birt as former Chairman of the Board. Is the fact no evaluation was ever complied with another indication they knew the contract was invalid?
135. At various points throughout Dr. Breuder’s tenure as President of the College of DuPage, the Board approved the extension of the Employment Contract. In or around March 7, 2014, the majority of the Board approved an extension of the Employment Contract to June 30, 2019.
Not sure how they can make that claim considering there was no meeting on the 7th of March, 2014. Considering they do say, "around March 7, 2014" we find nothing in the March 6th, 2014 minutes reflecting any such approval. Nor does the agenda for that meeting reflect any such approval. We have written about Breuder's contract and addendum at great length and have never come across the claimed extension to 2019. The fact his attorneys fail to provide an exhibit to support that claim speaks volumes.
What is even more concerning is the time line of what has been exposed. Breuder clearly wants to retire and expresses that through e-mail exposure on April 9th, 2014.
If his claimed contract was extended on or around March 7th of 2014 does that not point to him manipulating the board for his own gain? In 34 days he went from accepting a claimed contract extension to 2019 to wanting to retire early?
As we have pointed out for over a year, the Breuder Board was asleep at the wheel while Breuder and his minions took full advantage at every opportunity they could. His claimed contract extension followed by pursuit of early retirement points directly to self serving behavior for his own personal gain.
If Birt did in fact inform Breuder of a contract extension being approved by the board, then that action had to have taken place behind closed doors, which is an illegal action.
For all the reasons above it is very clear the future appointment to fill the vacant COD trustee seat is going to be one that may make or break the future of The College of Dupage.
The old guard known as the "Breuder Board" must never be allowed to have control of decision making again as it is clear these people have proven they are not capable of making sound fiscal decisions in the best interest of the College, its faculty, students, and the voters of the district.
The citizens of District 502 need to once again fill the board room and demand the "Breduer Board' of McGuire, Birt, and Wozniak resign their position because of their clear failures as trustees.
Please consider a donation.