DeKalb Co. (ECWd) -
With all the recent attention brought to light with the College of DuPage and their now banned-from-campus President and his love for alcohol, you would think others would get the message.
Not the case for Northern Illinois University President and board members who have taken the liberty of enjoying alcohol purchased through the Holmes Student Center accounting department.
I could not find anything in the Northern Illinois University statute that authorized the president to order wine, beer and booze to have in his office or home but that is exactly what is going on at NIU to include drinking while working.
The request: “all receipts for liquor purchased by the President’s office through NIU Foundation accounts since June 1, 2013
- $267.73- in alcohol for President's Office - President's Home
- $196.00- for the Diversity Task Force
- $302.27- for Women in Administration
- $184.00 -NIU Foundation Board - President's House Reception
- $62.00- President's Office - Dinner w/President & BOT Members
- $430.00-New Faculty Dinner
- $ 297.95 -Presidents Office
- $ 329.55 -Presidents Office
- $848.00- Presidents Office
- $124.00 -Presidents Office / Provost Search
- $64.00 - Presidents Office - Dinner with Provost Candidate
- $93.00 - Presidents Office - Provost Candidate
- $513.81 -Presidents Office
- $489.82 Presidents Office/Home
- $97.00 President/Higher Learning Commission Steering Committee
- $250.95 Presidents Home - includes Bartender Fee!
- $463.91 -President's Staff Party
- $570.99 -President Home/Office Holiday Party
- $1,239.09 -Presidents Office
- $149.00 - President Office/Dinner - Working Meeting
- $1,349.08 - Presidents Office/Akron Game
There are many more you can view below but I think with this snap shot of what is being consumed by the University President, Board members, staff and candidates for the top-cop spot, most will agree, this must stop!
We are unsure as to who actually paid for all this, but we know it was ordered through the Holmes Student Center Foundation. Most college related foundations were intended to benefit the students, but it would appear the case in NIU is not much different than what we saw at the College of DuPage.
Total Alcohol/Bartender purchased since June of 2013- $17,929.82
[gview file="https://edgarcountywatchdogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/NIU-Booze-invoices.pdf" save="1"]