DuPage Co. (ECWd) –
A businessman taught me many years ago that whatever you put down in writing you should be able to defend in court 10 years after the fact.
In October of 2014, Breuder wrote to Republican Party leaders and several State Representatives complaining about Trustee Hamilton, our reporting, as well as that of Open the Books.
What did Breuder tell them?
- Over the past several months, Trustee Kathy Hamilton and two political activist groups, “Open the Books” and “Illinois Leaks,” have accused College employees of fiscal impropriety.
- Through misinformation and either manipulation of the facts or no reliance on the facts as they exist, they have attempted to tarnish the reputation of a great institution.
- The bottom line is this: there is not one shred of evidence that anyone at College of DuPage is violating the public trust.
- We have nothing to hide and an enviable story to tell.
- August 2014 Board meeting I informed the board during public comment that I was going to expose criminal activity and had the facts to back it up. They ignored me!
- After months of front page coverage by local media and our fact based reporting with documents, it is clear we have more than proven fiscal impropriety on behalf of Breuder and his team.
- Federal Subpoenas are not issued without substantial probable cause. Such probably cause is based on facts, not misinformation or manipulation of facts. It is clear our concerns have been heard!
- The only people tarnishing the reputation of the school is Breuder and his Executive Staff through their illegal actions.
- Not one shred of evidence? Was he really that stupid to make such a claim? The public trust has been raped by these people and the election pretty much proved that. For three candidates who stood together on a reform platform and won against 9 other candidates speaks, louder than any lies Breuder can spew.
- If COD had nothing to hide then why have they concealed public records, lied in court documents, refused FOIA request in direct violation of the law, and basically continued with the coverup of wrongdoing?
The fact of the matter is Breuder must have felt early on that he had some kind of magical political clout and influence that he could use to put a stop to the exposure we and others were bringing to the surface. Breuder is no Peter Pan!
I told the board in January of 2015 criminal complaints should be filed with the State’s Attorney’s office. I assured Breuder that I have only just begun exposing him for what he is, a manipulative arrogant individual who believes he is above the law.
Looking at his letters to our State Representatives six months after the fact brings a smile to my face, because once again, he is exposed for what he really is!
[gview file=”https://edgarcountywatchdogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Breuder-letters-to-State-Reps.pdf” save=”1″]