ORLAND PARK, IL. (ECWd) -
This is Bittman's amended complaint, filed on January 21, 2015.
Remember that she filed her original complaint (here
). Then Defendant attorneys filed a motion to dismiss (here
). After that motion, Bittman
asked the court to allow her to amend her complaint (that was supposed to be filed in December), later she asked for an extension to amend, and this is her amended complaint.
In this amended Complaint, Bittman alleges in eleven Counts of:
- violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act
- violation of the Stored Communications Act
- violation of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- Copyright infringement (on a photo that was copyrighted several months after it was used)
- Defamation per se
- False light
- Intentional infliction of emotional distress
My opinion still stands, that this is simply a SLAPP suit (Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation) in which Bittman was acting in her capacity as an employee of the Orland Park Public Library, and acting in that capacity, things were said about her that she did not appreciate - AND the Defendants were pursuing their right to change the public policy of the Library insisting that there be filters in place stop access to child pornography in the Library.