ORLAND PARK, IL (ECWd) –
Officer James Grimmett with the Orland Park Police Department was the reporting officer for an alleged city ordinance disorderly conduct complaint and the record proves he lied on the report and fabricated information and used that fabrication as part of the reasoning to not enforce the law on an Orland Park Library employee.
(720 ILCS 5/17-3) (from Ch. 38, par. 17-3)
Sec. 17-3. Forgery.
(a) A person commits forgery when, with intent to defraud, he or she knowingly:
(1) makes a false document or alters any document to make it false and that document is apparently capable of defrauding another; or
(2) issues or delivers such document knowing it to have been thus made or altered; or
(3) possesses, with intent to issue or deliver, any such document knowing it to have been thus made or altered; or
(4) unlawfully uses the digital signature, as defined in the Financial Institutions Electronic Documents and Digital Signature Act, of another; or
(5) unlawfully uses the signature device of another to create an electronic signature of that other person, as those terms are defined in the Electronic Commerce Security Act.
(c) A document apparently capable of defrauding another includes, but is not limited to, one by which any right, obligation or power with reference to any person or property may be created, transferred, altered or terminated. A document includes any record or electronic record as those terms are defined in the Electronic Commerce Security Act. For purposes of this Section, a document also includes a Universal Price Code Label or coin.
(c-5) For purposes of this Section, “false document” or “document that is false” includes, but is not limited to, a document whose contents are false in some material way, or that purports to have been made by another or at another time, or with different provisions, or by authority of one who did not give such authority.
(1) Except as provided in paragraphs (2) and (3), forgery is a Class 3 felony.
(2) Forgery is a Class 4 felony when only one Universal Price Code Label is forged.
(3) Forgery is a Class A misdemeanor when an academic degree or coin is forged.
(e) It is not a violation of this Section if a false academic degree explicitly states “for novelty purposes only”.
(Source: P.A. 96-1551, eff. 7-1-11; 97-231, eff. 1-1-12; 97-1109, eff. 1-1-13.)
The police report clearly is a false document whose contents are false in some material way. The material way in this case is the officer’s claim regarding my actions on the day of the event.
For starters, this officer has NEVER spoken with me, nor will he return my messages for him to contact me. The purpose of those messages was to address this very issue. His refusal to communicate with me speaks volumes!
He claimed: “Allen had located Jennings vehicle ahead of time and positioned himself in such a manner as to shoot video of Bittman leaving.” (Click here for copy of the specific page in question)
This police officer should be fired immediately for falsifying a police report with that statement. His actions constitute Forgery under Illinois law.
Had this officer done one shred of investigative work and called me, he would have learned the following information.
- We arrived approximately an hour before Jennings
- I did not position my vehicle in such a manner as to shoot any video of Bittman leaving based on the fact I arrived well before them! I simply parked in the closest spot to the doors and went inside.
- I had no knowledge of what kind of a vehicle these people drove.
Those three key points substantiate this officer violated the law and fabricated information on a police report. Having arrived well in advance of the person in question coupled with the fact we were inside the building when the person in question arrived, it would be impossible for me to have done what the officer claimed. The fact that I did video means nothing. The reason I video taped it from my vehicle, instead of the sidewalk as the others did, was because I had gone to my truck to start it and cool it off before we left. I was sitting there waiting on John Kraft who was talking with two other people on the sidewalk. It was during that brief period that the people in question came out of the building.
I started to video tape them walking towards John and the two he was speaking with. I had no clue where they parked but it turns out they were parked a couple spots over and across from me.
Regardless, there are multiple witnesses that know for a fact these people arrived well after we were inside the building making the officer’s claim entirely false.
It is a sad day in this country when police officers, who took an oath to uphold the law, intentionally fabricate information on official documents. It is a criminal act and he should be prosecuted for it.
People of Orland Park may I suggest you get on your knees and start praying and when done with those prayers, get off your rumps and take back your local government. Go to your local meetings and demand accountability to the law. Failure to act is acceptance of the wrongs being committed by your public officials. Wrongs that include the allowing of Child Pornography to be accessed at your public library and covered up by those in charge.
[gview file=”https://edgarcountywatchdogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/False-police-report1.pdf” save=”1″]