PARIS, IL. (ECWd) -
Here we have a County Board member, who has continually gone out of his way on a personal vendetta, month after month, against our elected Sheriff.
It is no secret that Heltsley lies almost every time he opens his mouth. Now he wants you to think the Sheriff has all of us in debt by $300,000. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Remember this: They are to be made "whole", not unjustly enriched.
When will it end?
Heltsley asks when will it end, like he doesn't know and this letter isn't simply a way to throw more gas into the fire.
Mike, it was never a decision of yours, you should have kept yourself out of it. You stated you "consulted with other board members", but you failed to mention it was not your job to consult with them. Interesting comment all things considered because it sure points to discussing county business in a private setting, which is illegal. The peoples business shall be conducted with open doors Mr. Helstley!
It is the job of the Sheriff and his attorney to come to an agreement with Hopper and Burgin and their attorney, all with the direction of the arbitrator, just as the court ordered, which once again confirms it's not your place to insert yourself into those negotiations. We get it though, you support a civil rights violator and deputies that violated the law with self serving purchases from the Sheriff's office.
You have already stated that you wanted to "stick it to him", meaning the Sheriff, by paying out as much as possible. He is trying to mitigate the loss while you are still trying to "stick it to him".
Are you still upset he wouldn't let you continue carrying a weapon illegally by claiming to be a "covert investigator" LOL?
Quit trying to get your buddies extra money on the backs of the taxpayers. Do your job by assisting the Sheriff in mitigating the loss, not trying to hinder his mitigation efforts.
Once again, you are supposed to represent all of the residents of your district, not just Hopper and Burgin or your own personal agenda.
Just so people reading this know who you are and what you have done the past couple of years, the following should jog their memory.
Now, let's rehash some of the lies from the past two years or so:
- We owe $300,000 - LIE - you just wished we owed that much and are trying to make sure we owe that much
- I retired from Department of Corrections - LIE - You were removed for reasons not publicly released yet however sources point to your actions leading to your termination were not much different than Burgins past actions.
- I am a "covert investigator" - LIE (there is no such thing)
- I feel harassed - LIE (he probably feels guilty instead)
- I took the Open Meetings Act Training - (NOT according to the Attorney General)
- I wrote tons of jail inspection reports, was in the same office - LIE (click here)
- I was intimately involved in that investigation - LIE (click here)
- Letter to the editor claiming he's trying to save taxpayer's money - LIE (click here)
- Claims Jimmy Wells had eviction authority - LIE (click here)
- Claims four people wanting to bid on the airport business lease - LIE (click here)
- Doesn't want commercial operation at the airport - LIE (click here)
- Says he never reads anything before voting on it
- Tries to justify the concept of bid-rigging (click here)
- Claims it is nobody's business how the airport operates (click here)
- Claims we have no right to know about illegal public bank accounts (click here)
- Wanted to show a local insurance company the quotes from others before deciding which one to approve (click here)
- Places an extra large, 4 foot by 8 foot, racist political sign in his front yard
- Colludes with Chris Patrick, Jimmy Wells, and Adonna Bennett on the airport lies
- Votes NO on Deputy pay raises as political stunt against the Sheriff (click here)
- Violated peoples rights while performing as an Edgar County Deputy with illegal traffic stops to satisfy his own curiosity - (click here - page 20 - line 21-23)