Kansas, IL. (ECWd) –
The village of Kansas, IL. recently hired John Clough as its Police Chief.
During his interview, we understand he claimed the previous articles and allegations against him were all political and there was nothing to them – we would bet he never admitted to the village board during the interview that the Governor’s office verified all of it prior to his termination from the Prisoner Review Board.
During the hiring process, he was initially “hired” outside a proper public meeting with a 4:2 vote and without the item being placed on a village meeting agenda. After communicating with the village president, Clough was properly hired at a later meeting by placing the item on the agenda and the village trustees voting on it (advice and consent). We understand his hiring was done without any job application being provided.
We had previously written about John Clough after he was appointed to the Illinois Prisoner Review Board by Governor Rauner – read about it below:
- Clough filed a false Statement of Economic Interest
- Clough use a state vehicle to deliver election petitions
- Clough was fired from the Prisoner Review Board by Governor Rauner who stated in his termination letter that “Your use of a racial slur, paired with the other two allegations leveled against you, have led us to determine that you have shown an inability to serve on the board.”
- Injustice Watch reported on Clough’s racial slurs and his termination
- We exposed Clough’s racial slurs after obtaining poorly redacted public records from the Coles County Sheriff’s Department (also here)
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.