PARIS, IL. (ECWd) -
Tomorrow is "Giving Tuesday" and we ask that you consider giving to the ECWd this year.
Some of our more popular news articles published this year include:
- Will County Court ordered Sheriff to release 911 calls/transcripts in our FOIA lawsuit. Will County appealed, awaiting court date.
- We sued Chicago Police Department to release body cam footage and incident reports of a shooting. Case is still ongoing.
- Windfarm owner owed $680K in back taxes in Ford County - paid after we published the article.
- Employee of Defense Contractor provided false statements to Florida state court.
- Bloomington’s attempted coverup of police abuse – we were provided access to these public records after we filed a FOIA lawsuit. Mayor Renner continued lying to the public during radio interviews.
- Township tries to use forged affidavit in FOIA lawsuit, countersued Plaintiff for $50K but can’t substantiate any claim in the countersuit. Ongoing court case.
- Township loses Partial Summary Judgment in FOIA case for records related to the township demanding YouTube remove a video we published – censorship at its finest! Case is still ongoing in McHenry County Court.
- Our reporting of a racist campaign flyer, with a noose and Confederate flag mailed out against a Black candidate for DuPage Township office resulted in DuPage Township being placed in the Anti-Black Activities Database. This racist flyer became part of a federal lawsuit we filed in the Middle District of Florida against Bonnie Kurowski, Fight For IL, and Illinois Reporter, after she posted the flyer on various Facebook pages of hers, and even called the Black candidate “Satan.”
- Published the results of the Algonquin Township Road District forensic audit, completed in February 2021. It is shocking that no one has been held accountable.
- We sued the IDPH for public records. Still ongoing.
- We sued Illinois State Police for public records. Records produced.
- Held citizen watchdog training classes in Sanford, Florida, Glen Ellyn, Illinois, and conducted a “Who Let The Watchdogs Out” session at the annual Illinois Municipal League Conference.
- Judge denied Algonquin Township’s attempt at getting FOIA lawsuit dismissed. The case is still ongoing.
- Our submission resulted in Algonquin Township being named as one of four finalists in the Golden Padlock Award for the most secretive government in the United States.
- Milford School Board members awarding contracts to themselves.
- We sued Attorney General for open meetings and public records violations. The case is in the settlement stages after the production of records.
- Ladd, Illinois Mayor used racial slur during the meeting, called female attorney a Bitch during another meeting.
- DuPage Township admitted to the illegal meeting, settled lawsuit.
- Vermilion Airport Authority fixed 75 years of improper real estate taxation.
- Urbana settled our Open Meetings lawsuit after they changed their policy on public comment to comply with the OMA. They paid our attorney fees.
- Unregistered company soliciting donations from local governments.
- Published our 10-year report.
- Multiple articles covering the various lawsuits against schools, and the Governor.
We humbly ask for your consideration in donating to the Edgar County Watchdogs to assist us in continuing our work.
Mail checks or money orders to:
Paris, IL. 61944
Donate to ECWd 501(c)(4): Donate (paypal.com)
Donate to ECWd through its 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor - click the button: