Adams County, IL. (ECWd) -
The Temporary Restraining Order against the Quincy Physicians and Surgeons Clinic and Blessing Corporate Services is below.
Further Hearing scheduled for October 6, 2021 at 9:00 a.m.
From the Order:
- A. The Defendants QP&S and Blessing are enjoined from suspending from employment or terminating the employment of the named Plaintiffs based upon the named Plaintiffs' refusal or declination of any COVID-19 vaccination or the Plaintiffs' refusal to be tested for the presence of the COVID-19 virus.
- B. The Defendants are further enjoined from requiring any substantial deviation from the Plaintiffs' respective normal and customary job or employment duties without the consent of the employee.
- C. This order shall remain in effect until October 6, 2021 at 9:00a.m. at which time a hearing shall be held to determine whether a temporary injunction will issue. Counsel will be advised of the courtroom in which the hearing will occur by the Adams County Circuit Clerk's Office.
- D. All parties are granted leave to file further or amended pleadings as deemed appropriate by counsel. In the event of further pleadings or legal memoranda, counsel shall provide the undersigned with an electronic copy of any such pleadings and memoranda and where possible, shall provide the undersigned with a hard copy of the same.
- E. The Circuit Clerk shall provide copies of this order to all counsel and shall provide courtesy copies of this order to the Office of the Governor of the State of Illinois and the Office of the Director of the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- F. This temporary restraining order was orally announced in open court on September 30, 2021 at approximately 3:15 p.m. and this written order is entered on September 30, 2021 at 5:35 p.m.
- G. Bond is waived for good cause.