OHIO (ECWd) -
Federal prosecutors have release the Criminal Complaint against the following:
- Ohio House Speaker Larry Householder,
- Jeffery Longstreth (Householder's chief political strategist),
- Neil Clark (owner of Grant Street Consultants),
- Matthew Borges (Registered Lobbyist),
- Juan Cespedes ("key middleman" and multi-client lobbyist), and
- Generation Now (funneled money and registered as a 501(c)(4) non profit).
In the Complaint, prosecutors allege that:
- since 2016 engaged and conspired to engage in racketeering activity
- multiple acts of bribery
- and acts of racketeering in the conduct of enterprise
- Householder's Enterprise received around $60 million from Company "A" entities paid through "Generation Now"
- Householder's Enterprise helped pass House Bill 6, described by an Enterprise member as a billion-dollar bailout initiative
- Money passed through various entities, and Householder's Enterprise then used those bribe payments to further the goal of the Enterprise, which included:
- obtaining, preserving, and expanding Householder's political power in Ohio through the receipt of secret payments
- enriching and benefitting the enterprise, its members, and associates
- promoting, concealing and benefitting its members and associates from public exposure and possible criminal prosecution
The scheme and background are a must-read!
Read the scheme and how it worked below in the Charging Instrument: